Sunday, May 11, 2014

The Pace Is Ready To Leave It's Cage

All winter it's been buried in snow.  Spring has finally sprung, but the overburden of pine bows has still held my motorhome captive in the yard. This weekend it was time to breakout the chain saw and carve a path out of the yard and down the 700 ft' driveway to freedom on the open road.

The temps were perfect, not too hot, and plenty of sunshine.  Under that portable pile of brush behind my ATV is a well loaded trailer.  Once the driveway was widened, all the waste was hauled to the back side of the property, and piled to dry into next years kindling.

                             

The best way to start a bonfire is with  dried brush loaded with lots of crispy pine needles.

Speaking of bonfires, the warm sunshine was all that was needed to bring out the need for a little pine smoke to make the morning perfect.  The cushions and umbrella came out, as did the two dogs, and everyone enjoyed the snap crackle of a fire while we sat around and took life easy.

Shortly I thought about opening the awning on the motorhome to let moisture from the winter snow dry.


Snow came last fall before I was able to check it out, now I know everything is ready to use and the fabric is in like new condition.  This is the first rig I've owned with awnings on all windows.  That feature will be appreciated when I head for the desert this fall.

I took the plastic tarps off the wheels, so now the motorhome looks pretty much ready to roll.  I still have one good sized project to take care of.  The original owner installed or had installed an
assortment of fancy pants electronic entertainment devices,  none of which do I plan on using.  The quality of the wiring done leaves much to be desired, and simple things like the 12 vdc power points don't work.  There is no power to the AM/FM radio, and who know what else doesn't work.

I plan on installing my own fuse panel for accessories, and do away with the sloppy wiring that is now my biggest concern under the dash.

My most important job this weekend was pruning the trees.  I surprised myself by getting more done,
and still enjoying the first BBQ of the season.  Nothing fancy, but the taste of charcoal told me there will be more enjoyable days this summer now that we have finally seen the last of the snow.  Keeping my fingers crossed on that one!




No comments: