Sunday, April 27, 2014

Living Room Remodel Gets Completed!

It was big, awkward, and possibly too large for the space. Today we made a special trip to the cabin to bring the electric fireplace I bought months ago for the motorhome. I knew it would physically fit in the space, but I had real concerns it would overpower the small living room area and look out of place.

I had struggled to get it into our city home by myself. It was boxed and half again larger than it really was, but knowing I would be sitting on it until Spring before I could install it, I needed to verify it functioned properly. All the while I was grunting to get it up the front stairs and in the front door, visions of an even harder struggle with the much smaller entrance to the motorhome flashed through my mind.

When it was all said and done, my concerns were unwarranted. Having a second set of arms, and no packing material, made all the difference. We easily maneuvered back out of the house, laying the fireplace flat in the back of the Dodge Caravan.  It took only a couple minutes to just as simply get it in the motorhome, and secured into it's permanent spot along the passenger side wall.

Held to the wall with a couple small metal L brackets, the only hookup required was to plug it into the wall receptacle located right next to it.

Switch on, imitation flames flickering, and immediately the warmth of the heater started to take the chill off the unheated mobile residence.

Sitting down on the sofa, feet on the coffee table, it was easy to see my concern about the size of the fake brick structure was unfounded.  I wanted it to make a statement, to be the prime focal point of the room, and that is exactly what it has become.

Now I have a freshly carpeted, cozy quarters that will have me traveling in relaxing comfort.  Get ready deep south, next winter I will be knocking on your door! This was $199 on seasonal closeout well spent!

7 comments:

DCA Schubring said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

What does your electrical system consist of to power the fireplace?

Curtis Carper said...

Just a standard 110v outlet. Nothing special

DCA Schubring said...

Stealth your Pace is a real beauty! You must feel very proud driving down the highway in it.

new travel trailer owner said...

My question; how did you get the big sofa in? I have a travel trailer and don't know how to remove the old sofa that is in it. Thanks for any suggestions.

Curtis Carper said...

The sofa in question is the original equipment one that came with the coach. Most sofa's are bolted to the floor so you it takes some work to remove them

Curtis Carper said...

The sofa in question is the original equipment one that came with the coach. Most sofa's are bolted to the floor so you it takes some work to remove them